The University of Miami Alumni Association/Black Alumni Society and the Woodson Williams Marshall Association (WWMA) are committed to serving and uniting African and African American alumni for the purpose of advancing the interests of the University, while recruiting, mentoring and retaining students of African descent in all academic fields.
In all that we do, we endeavor to:
Scholarship Purpose & Distribution of Scholarship Funds
- Reach out to connect, serve and engage Black alumni, life-long and world wide.
- Connect alumni to each other and the University through meaningful communication, programs and events.
- Design and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan to fund the Black alumni scholarship fund.
- Facilitate a high level of volunteerism so that the Black Alumni Society, the University and the community-at-large, benefits from the University of Miami’s diverse interests, talents and backgrounds.
- Encourage investment and support for the University in its successful pursuit of excellence in teaching, research and service.
- Celebrate the rich history of UM Black alumni, faculty and staff through building upon the best of our traditions and accomplishments.
The goal of the Scholarship is to provide need based financial support and recognize the academic and leadership accomplishments of students who are currently enrolled at the University of Miami. Scholarship recipients will receive either the Black Alumni Society Scholarship or the WWMA Scholarship. Students who receive full-tuition scholarships are not eligible. Recipients will receive scholarship funds the following academic year. Funds will be divided between fall and spring semesters.